You enrolled in private pilot training, and now you are trying to get as much as you can out of your training experience. Whether you just started training or you are nearing the end of this process, there are several things you can do to become a successful pilot:
- Get to know experienced pilots, whether they are friends, family members, or connections you met during private pilot training. These mentors can give you advice when you need it and provide guidance as you move into an exciting flying career.
- Before lessons, always come prepared. Studying your lessons before you get into the cockpit is the best thing you can do to enhance your training and get as much out of these sessions as possible.
- Schedule a visit to an air traffic control facility. This way, you can get a better feel for the airspace system that pilots deal with whenever they fly.
- Make doing pre-flight checks an ongoing habit. Doing this check is the best way to avoid issues once you have already started the engine and are up in the air.
- Always update your logbooks and the aircraft logbooks. If something happens and you haven’t updated your plane, you could be held accountable and become subject to certain penalties.
- If you feel like something is off, do not feel pressure to take off. Do not be afraid to cancel a flight if the weather doesn’t look good or you are concerned about another issue.
- Remember that private pilot training may not be easy and certain topics may be more challenging than others. Every pilot experiences hurdles, but they overcome them through diligent study and extra practice.
Genesis Flight College is registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.