AVIATION CAREERS, TORONTO, ON
We are ready to introduce you to the many aviation careers available to you and help you become a properly credentialed pilot in Toronto.
Today, aviation careers in the Toronto, Ontario area are plentiful, and there are many different opportunities within this field for computer systems, customer service, airport management, systems engineering, piloting, air traffic controlling, testing, search and rescue, and so much more. Not only are aviation careers widely available, but commercial pilots are especially in high demand. This demand is expected to grow drastically over the next decade as new aircraft enter the marketplace and many of today’s pilots near retirement.
If you are ready for an exciting, challenging career in the aviation industry, at Genesis Flight College, we are here to help you gain the experience and earn the credentials required to move into one of many aviation careers. As an approved private career college, we offer premium training facilities, an extensive array of amenities, and access to highly trained aviation professionals, all of which are unmatched in the Toronto area.
Opportunities for Commercial Pilots
A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) allows you to fly for “hire or reward” and work for a Commercial Air Service in Canada. This opens the door to your career as a commercial pilot as you work your way towards your career goals. Some typical entry level positions for pilots with a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) are as follows:
- VFR Charter Air Taxi
- IF Charter Air Taxi
- Photo Survey Pilot
- Forest Fire Detection
- Entry to Airlines
- Medical Evacuation
- Airborne Traffic Watch
- Airborne Banner Towing
- Parachute Dropping
- Forest Fire Suppression
- Flight Instructor (with valid instructor rating)
CPL Requirements and Privileges
Commercial Pilot Licence
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- 14 years of age for first solo (PPL), 18 for commercial flight test
- Valid Category 1 Medical Certificate
- 60% on the written examination
- 80 hours ground school
- Fly single-engine aircraft
- Fly internationally
- Fly in daylight under Visual Flight Rules (VFR)
- Fly VFR at night
- No passenger limit – restricted only to size of aircraft endorsed on your licence
- VFR Over-the-top
- Have the option of expanding privileges with endorsements for float plans, heavier aircraft, instrument flying, multi-engine flying
- 200 hours of total flight time, including 35 hours of post-private dual instruction time, which shall include 5 hours at night, including a minimum of 2 hours of night cross-country
- 5 hours cross-country, which may include the cross country experience from above
- 20 hours of instrument flight time in addition to the experience required for PPL. A maximum of 10 hours of the 20 hours may be conducted on an approved aeroplane simulator or flight-training device.
- 30 hours post-private solo flight time, which shall include one solo cross-country flight to a point a minimum of 300 nautical miles in radius from the point of departure and a minimum of 3 landings at points other than that of departure
- 5 hours of solo flight time by night, during which a minimum of 10 takeoffs, circuits and landings were completed
Genesis Flight College is registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.